Candice Bond, one of the nation’s leading lawyers, shares the best type of insurances to have in case of an unforeseen accident
DALLAS, TEXAS – (December 13, 2021) – During the holidays and beyond, people are generally more stressed out and are rushing from one place to another. It’s also a time when the weather takes a turn for the worse, putting people at further risk. These issues can lead to an increase in the number of accidents and problems that can arise that put people at risk for injury. The good news is that having the right insurance policies in place can help ensure your loved ones are better protected in the new year.
“We know there will be an increase in distracted drivers and weather that impacts driving and our homes,” explains Candice Bond, managing partner and founder of Bond Legal. “Maksing sure your family has the right insurance policies in place is one of the best ways to help protect them.”
The start of 2022 is a great time to take the necessary steps to protect yourself and your family from damages associated with things such as car accidents. To do this, you start with the best motorist coverage because some policies do not provide enough coverage to cover the medical bills, funeral expenses, loss of earnings, nor the pain and suffering that the family will endure.
Start by calling your auto insurance company to verify your coverage and determine if you need to increase it. A good rule of thumb is to have limits equal to or greater than the combined gross income of your household. That coverage will help if you are in a motor vehicle, bicycle, motorcycle, scooter, water, or pedestrian accident, so it will ensure the family is well covered for the season.
Additional tips regarding insurance to consider include:
- Weather. Expect bad weather this winter, including wind, flood, freezing, and more. Make sure your homeowners insurance policy will take care of your home no matter what element strikes.
- Medical. Review your policy going into the new year, so you can ensure you have proper coverage. If the carrier denies your medical bills because your injury or loved one’s death is not considered to be “covered,” keep pressing. Do not take no for an answer. Keep demanding they pay for the medical bills for you and your loved ones. If in doubt, seek an attorney that specializes in insurance bad faith. The actions that were depicted so clearly in the movie “The Rainmaker” is an actual true depiction of the “big business of insurance,” – and it is sadly happening every day.
- Accident procedure. If you are in an accident, it is important to not speak with the adjusters nor accept their offers without first speaking with a personal injury attorney. If you do not have an attorney, you are walking into a defense money-saving trap that will leave you paying for your own damages for the rest of your life, rather than having the one who caused your injury pay for the debt he caused on the day your damages began to accrue – the day of your accident. Leave the insurance heavy lifting of your damages to a professional personal injury attorney. Heal while they fight. Mourn the loss of your loved one while they go to war.
- Wills and more. Many people don’t like to think about it, but if something should happen to you, it’s important that you have a will in place. Also, if you have minor children at home, take the time to legally name a guardian for them should something happen to you.
- Justifying the expense. Many people try to avoid paying for insurance policies because they feel it’s too expensive or it’s something they don’t really use. It’s important to remember that paying monthly insurance premiums is a small drop in the bucket for the cost of damages to your body or property if there is an unforeseen tragedy in the family.
- Seek advice. When it doubt, always get the advice of a personal injury attorney. They will know what to do and the best ways to help ensure your family is protected. Most offer a free consultation, so you have nothing to lose by discussing the accident or injury with them to get a professional opinion.
“We all need to make a concerted effort to be safe out there this winter,” added Bond. “Ensuring you have the right insurance policies in place and seeking the advice of a personal injury attorney if something happens to you will help protect your family all year long.”
Bond Legal offers personal injury representation around the country, specializing in personal injury cases. The firm focuses on providing representation for auto accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, insurance bad faith, clergy abuse, and more. For more information, visit the site at: www.CandiceBond.com
About Bond Legal
At Bond Legal, justice begins today for personal injury victims. With a national network of highly skilled attorneys who are committed to serving you with compassion, we are dedicated to the fight for your financial justice, and you do not pay until we win. Founded by managing partner, national catastrophic legal advocate, and philanthropist Candice M. Bond, Bond Legal is dedicated to providing clients with ethical legal counsel for personal injury victims. After going through a life-changing accident with her family as a child, Candice realized that people need lawyers who genuinely care about their lives and empathize with their tragedies. As a result, Bond Legal was created on the principles of compassion, good faith, and justice. Bond Legal offers experts that are knowledgeable about the different laws and regulations of each jurisdiction. Get the support and compensation you deserve and contact CandiceBond.com. For a free consultation, call 866-637-1209. BOND LEGAL… because the injured deserve justice: today, tomorrow, and always!